Thursday, August 15, 2013

Day 30: Not much to report + before and after pics.

Nothing new to report I am still checking my bite constantly, as I keep thinking my lower jaw is moving back. I doubt it really is I do feel like my teeth are and have shifted a little do to being wired shut, the elastics, so I am sure once the orthodontist can start tweaking things my bite will feel better.

I have been working on and off this week returning phone calls, emails, texts. Boy, to be honest I don't know how I handled my crazy life before surgery. It's like this surgery gave me a personality change. I feel so laid back and relaxed (relaxed for me). So all in all this was a good thing. Having time off to reflect on life, and the things that are important. Time to see that while work is important, that making time for yourself is just as important. Something that I am going to do from now on. I might even cancel lessons on more holidays in the future, or take a little more time off because I can. I should make more time for not only myself but for my husband as well. Of course I will still be dependable and responsible, as I love my job and I love all of my students... so don't freak out students and parents who are reading this.

Numbness, mouth opening, soreness is all about the same. I want to say I can feel a little bit more of my chin and bottom lip, but at this point it's so normal for it to feel strange I don't know what normal is.

Just went through photos looking at my face before and after. It's pretty crazy. I do feel like my nose is turned up a little more, I don't not like it. My chin is def starting to pop out even more as the swelling goes down in my lips and chin. All in all I like the new look. I have only had one bad migraine since I have been unwired, and my neck pain is way less already. So fingers crossed once my jaw is back to relaxed the tension will be gone, as well as the popping! : )

 BEFORE surgery side profile:

After


BEFORE Surgery Smile:

30 Days Post-op smile:


No comments:

Post a Comment