Friday, August 2, 2013

Day 17

So nothing new has been happening. Just getting used to eating. I am still using my baby spoon, or fork. I find in the mornings that my jaw is stiff, and as the day goes on I feel more confident and comfortable with opening wider. I should add that I am allowed to chew. The surgeon said I can chew anything that is the consistency of pancakes. So today I went to peet's and also got my favorite wheat free muffin. For the first time ever being gluten intolerant has really helped me out. Gluten free foods, okay baked foods usually have a soft consistency, or at least fall apart pretty easy.

I had a pretty bad headache last night. Took some motrin and that helped make it bearable. That is the first time in 5 days I have taken any pain meds. Not bad. I think the headache was due to not drinking my 100 ounces of water yesterday. The nurse said that I should be drinking no less than 100oz, to help the swelling and healing process. So today I made sure to drink all 100 ounces.

Bruising is almost gone. I still have two little marks on my face, and my chest has one spot that is still a little purple and green.

Numbness is about the same. My chin and lip have been more tingly than normal, and I am starting to feel a little pain in my chin when I smile or make faces. So I am hoping that is a good sign that my feeling is coming back.

One exciting thing did happen last night. My sister in law had her baby last night. She's a doll. All 5lbs 4oz of Lilly are just perfect. Today I went for my first real trek by myself. I drove about an hour in traffic to the hospital to meet my newest niece! They are all doing great, and it was good to get out and see them. I was pretty tired when I got home today. No nap today, but I am sure I will sleep well tonight as I did not sleep well last night.

All in all I would say so far for me this has not been as horrible as I had anticipated. It is by no means easy to deal with the changes, but if you stay positive and know that eventually life will return to normal it's not all bad. I am excited to see my orthodontist on Monday so he can see what needs to be done. My back teeth do not touch on one side, but my surgeon said that will be something my orthodontist will be able to fix. My teeth are aligned now, but the teeth are open or something like that. Not that it matters for now as I am only chewing soft foods. However, I can not wait for all my teeth to touch, and to be able to BITE into foods! I am excited for that day to come.






No comments:

Post a Comment