Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Day 19/20:

Day 19 (Sunday 8/4)):

Well I have been bad about blogging the last few days. I feel like I am always a day behind. So after Saturday's party I took motrin when I got home for the sore jaw, which worked and all was fine by Sunday morning.

My husband and I went to see Wolverine on Sunday. I love all the x-men movies, so even though yes it was a little cheesy I loved it. After that we came home and rested. I was still pretty tired from the day before. I feel like my schedule needs to be do a lot one day, stay home and rest the next. I get energy so I feel up to getting out and going places, and then get super exhausted and don't want to move the next day.

Chewing is getting a little easier. I have ate pizza, muffins, rice, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, refried beans, oatmeal, cereal (just let it get a little mushy), soup, chipotle veggie bowl (no lettuce). Just to mention a few. I promise I have ate more than that in the last week.

Day 20 (Monday 8/5):

I saw my orthodontist who was extremely pleased with the way everything lined up, and said that he would need to fix the open bite happening in my back molar. The teeth do not all touch at the moment. The next time I see him he will be taking off my surgical hooks, and all of the braces and putting new everything back on. So I will have clear braces once again. I can't wait for him to start adjusting and moving things around. I want these braces off!

So after that appointment I ran a few errands and then back home to get ready for the San Francisco Giants game! One of my amazing friends, Elissa, works in San Francisco and her work from time to time gives her a few of their season tickets and so she invited us. The seats are amazing, 5 rows behind the Giants dugout, can't get much better than that! I was so excited to get out of the house and do something that felt "normal". Loved hanging out with her, catching up one last time before she has her baby. Yes, I am surrounded by people having babies right now. My sister in law has a 7 day old baby, and our best friend Elissa is due in a week or so.  Elissa and her husband left at the 7th inning stretch as her back was killing her, and my husband and I stayed. Which turned out the 8th inning was the most exciting. Giants scored 3 runs. I am just glad they won the game we were at, they've been pretty terrible this season. I started getting cold top of the 8th, and started to tense up. My jaw started to achy, as my teeth started chattering. So we ended up leaving right after the 8th inning. I could feel the muscle in my jaw protruding, I was worried I was straining my jaw. Came home and took motrin, and all seemed to be okay in the morning. I was just SUPER tired. I walked more than I have in weeks from the parking lot to the game, and then back to the parking lot.

So the moral of that story is if it is cold where you live and you have jaw surgery bundle up because shivering and teeth chattering is not a pleasant experience after jaw surgery.



SUNDAY










MONDAY






No comments:

Post a Comment