Friday, August 9, 2013

Day 24: Just another day.

Day 24:

Well it's been another day down. I've had a lot of little zings in my chin today, some not so great. Also, I am feeling my chin like the bone or something when I make faces that pull that area. It feels tight, and strange. Hopefully all of that means I am getting feeling back. I would love to have feeling back so I at least know when I have food running down my chin.

Last night I made gluten free pasta and thought I cooked it long enough to make it soft similar to the consistency of pancakes, okay I know it would never be that soft, I was breaking the rules a little. I ate it, but I am paying the price today. My jaw is so stiff today. I feel like I can barely open it, as in back to where I started after I was unwired. Sad day. I was just starting to feel like I could get food into my mouth without it falling off the spoon or fork due to hitting my teeth.

Swelling is a roller coaster. One day I feel like it has gone down, the next day I feel puffy in my lips, cheeks and chin. Today is one of those days where I just feel swollen. I guess this is just how it goes. I do feel that I am less puffy when I drink a TON of water for a few days in a row. I have slacked a little the last 2 days. Normally I have been drinking about 110oz a day. The last two days I think I only did about 75oz. So I guess I need to be better about that. Even if it's all in my mind, lots of water is a good thing.

My bite seems to be getting better just with the bands they are making me wear. They seem to be closing the open bite issue going on in my back teeth. So that's exciting, maybe I won't have to wear the braces as long. One can dream right?

Well here's to another weekend. For those of you who had surgery following, I love reading all of your blogs and feeling like there is someone else out there that understands my zings, and eating issues. : ) Hope you all have an amazing weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment