Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Day 29: Day of relaxing

Day 29:

Today has been amazing. Yesterday afternoon I decided to see if I could get an appointment for a light massage this morning, and low and behold the place I wanted to go had a cancellation about 2 hours before I called so I was able to get in. It was amazing. It felt great even if it was a light massage. I was afraid to get anything to firm, or crazy due to my jaw. My neck and back have been feeling stiff from sleeping weird, I think I am afraid to get to comfortable and grind my teeth, or put to much pressure on my face. Even though the Doctor cleared me for sleeping on my sides. I am just being super careful! So this was nice. Though I was freaking out with having my head in the little hole, didn't want to put to much pressure on my jaw. So I carefully laid there, not completely relaxed. Typical me style.

Decided to come home and lounge in my backyard pool side, with a book in hand. I am finally reading all the Harry Potter books. I know I am way behind the times. They didn't really seem like my kind of books, I mean they are for children, right? Before the surgery I was reading "A Clash of Kings", (Game of Thrones), but I felt like I needed a book to read while recovering that was an easy read. Something that I could fall asleep reading, or be medicated and could still follow along. My husband knew I was thinking about reading the Harry Potter series so while I was recovering he went out and bought them for me. So thoughtful. So today it is all about RELAXING! Something I have a hard time doing. I decided to write this blog while I am making my lunch and then back outside I go to enjoy the beautiful 88 degree California sun. Only thing that would be better is the beach, in Kauai.

I wished my husband was able to take a few days off now that I am feeling better and getting my energy back. It would be nice to actually get out and do something together. Oh, well that's life.

Everything is pretty much the same. I still have the tingles in my chin on and off. I feel like my bite is changing. Some of my back teeth are now touching on the left side and they were not touching at all when I was unwired. Which the Surgeon said would be an easy fix. So I guess the bands I am wearing are already working on that? I hope it doesn't mean my jaw is moving back into a bad position. I keep checking with my tongue to make sure my front teeth feel the same distance as when they unwired. At this point I am just paranoid. I want everything to stay perfect. I want to be able to bite into an apple, eat ribs, and bite directly into a hamburger and actually cut through everything! Well, my lunch is ready which means I am going back outside to enjoy this amazing Wednesday.

Sophie I have been thinking about you, hope your time back at work hasn't been to difficult and you are still feeling good! Katie, hope you have had a great first day back to school with your amazing new bite, and beautiful smile! Thanks you two (and Chloe) for your encouragement through this wonderful phase in my life. (I am just so positive today that I will even be positive about the outcome of this surgery). Okay, I should say thank you to EVERYONE friends, and family who I know are reading this and just not commenting. Your support and love means the world to me!

FYI-This is a no make-up pool kinda day so don't judge me. Def feel a little lopsided swelling is going on today. I am assuming from sitting out in the sun all day : ) Oh, well it's been totally worth it.


Lopsided smile...yikes!






No comments:

Post a Comment