Thursday, July 25, 2013

Day 8: A day late + photos from day 7

Opps, I just realized that I forgot to post the pictures from day 7, and I FORGOT to take photos yesterday! Well, I looked pretty much the same as day 7. The swelling seems to be at a stand still.

DAY 8:
 My mom came over and watched movies with me. We pretty much took a trip down memory lane and I found movies that both my mom and I loved as a child. So we watched "The Parent Trap" with Haley Mills, and "The Sound of Music". I tried to sing along, okay I hummed along.

We took a little drive to Jamba Juice and I got an aloha pineapple smoothie. Delicious. I didn't go in, but I left the house. So thats good. I did see people I know, I was so torn. I wanted to wave and say hi, but then remembered I can't talk! Getting so frustrated with not being able to talk.

I can feel more brackets touching my cheeks. My bottom lip and below that to my chin is still numb.

My smile feels so stiff! I hate it. Smiling doesn't hurt if I do it slowly, or if I laugh slowly it doesn't hurt. Spontaneous laughing hurts my top lip. It feels like all my stitches are being ripped out. Not fun.

So I felt really good all day yesterday. I took no pain meds all day, because I didn't feel to bad. Maybe that wasn't the best idea, around 8p I started feeling really hot, achy, and just exhausted. Had a 99.9 temp, and started feeling some pain. I had a melt down. I started crying (which holy crap hurts your entire face). I was just feeling overwhelmed, and I think tired of everything. Having jaw surgery is not just about the pain, or being uncomfortable it really changes your life. I used to be so social and active, and now I can't talk or communicate, I can't really go anywhere because I can't talk, and I feel like I look so strange. It's just a huge change. They mentioned that after 2 weeks post surgery and unwired I shouldn't need the codeine as much so I can drive and get out of the house! I will be able to talk hopefully as normal as possible! : ) I just want life to get back to normal.

Pictures from Day 7::








No comments:

Post a Comment