Saturday, July 27, 2013

Day 10: It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to

Day 10: (I know I am a few hours late, but pretending like I am writing this last night)

I woke up feeling AMAZING. It's my 32 birthday today. It's my favorite day of the year. The day that is all about ME! Just kidding. : ) Just to prelude into this day, yesterday around 7p I took more smooth move tea, as I have had nothing going on since last weekend. Yikes. Turns out being constipated was the least of my worries or cares about this surgery. I basically brushed that whole idea under a rug and didn't think about it... until it was to late.

Like I said, I woke up feeling amazing. Around 9 a.m. the stomach pain was horrible, and it only got worse through the day. I am not going to go into significant details, because well no one wants to read about that, BUT know it was a miserable long day. I am now going to take some stuff daily called "Natural calm". Two of my best friends, who are both pregnant, have recommended it so I am trying it out. Anything would be better than what happened today.  All of this to say screw more fiber. Do not count on that to get you going. Get a laxative, get something to take before you go to bed to make you go the next day. Don't screw around thinking that if you eat enough fiber you will be fine. Trust me you will not be fine. You will want to die.

By the afternoon I felt much better, just some random stomach cramps. My mom ended up coming over and staying with me most of the day. My mother in law also stopped by and ended up running to the store for things. My brother came by a little later to check in on me. So I guess all in all the day was still all about me. So it wasn't all bad, right?? Eh. Not how I had pictured the day going.

Best part of the day was around 7p. I was feeling MUCH better. My two bestest friends Heather, and Elissa surprised me and came by with balloons, flowers, a bag full of amazing delicious soft foods! Gluten free mac n cheese, gluten free brownies (I will make those edible even if I have make them in micro bites), gravy, gift cards, borrowed money returned, my favorite Lemon blueberry cupcake, from my favorite gluten free bakery, Miglet's in Danville. I will stop listing everything now, but there was so much AWESOME stuff. OH THE CARD! It was the best. It was a hamburger that sang a happy birthday song to you, my favorite part was that Elissa happened to have the song memorized, and decided she should sing it with the card... cracked me up! My poor upper lip. Does anyone else have pain when they laugh, or smile to big? Boy, that does not feel good. Sometimes it doesn't bother me and other times it feels like I am ripping out my stitches. So strange.

So I can say my birthday started out well, and ended well so overall it was a decent birthday!

Moral of the story is kids that you should take something daily after  about day 3-4 of your surgery to promote regularity. Don't learn the hard way like some people.

However, I have decided that my non official birthday this year will be August 10th. Hopefully by then I will be feeling better, and I will have eating with a spoon down so we can have people over to celebrate, with real dessert that I can eat with a spoon! : )

Amazing birthday card and balloons


Look pretty rough in this pictures, but I didn't want to skip a day.




No comments:

Post a Comment