Monday, July 22, 2013

Day 6: Things are looking up.

Well it's day 6. Which means that a week from today I will on my way to Oakland to see my Doctor and get UNWIRED! I am super excited. That is all I am thinking about as each day goes by...I am one day closer to being unwired.

I knew being wired shut would be horrible, but honestly it is really horrible. You can't talk at all. You can make noises, and sounds but you are playing charades and someone guesses what you are saying. 5 out of 10 times they are wrong because well they can't understand you and you get frustrated end up writing it and well it's frustrating. Lucky for me my husband has been amazing, and realizes that when I am frustrated it is not at him it is at me. I just want to talk. I also hate that I can't do anything that requires me to strain, or lift more than 5lbs. I feel lazy, and I want to help.

Wait, this was supposed to be a post about how things are looking up. Silly me. Well, I didn't sleep well last night due to the stomach cramps, but finally sweet relief in the middle of the night. Gross, whatever. I was so happy.  Smooth move tea works.

I had a lot more energy than the last few days, and besides my jaw being a little achy and wired shut, it almost felt like a normal day where I am just exhausted from being so busy. I felt good today. Swelling has gone down a little more.

I am trying not to be concerned with how things are looking as I know this is not the end, I have a lot of swelling still and things will move. My lips don't close all the way at the moment. they were really trying to pull the bottom jaw out and up enough so they could close naturally. It wasn't a guarantee as my gum line on my top jaw was steep and curved. Nothing they could do or that I wanted them to do to that. So now it's the waiting game. Will my lips touch or will they not? We shall see.

I keep reminding myself that the whole point of surgery was to get rid of the horrible tension in my jaw, which caused me migraines, neck pain, and popping. So if those problems are fixed I am happy. I mean if I look better then thats okay too.

Oh I saw my orthodontist today. He wanted to just see how the bite was set. He was so impressed and said everything looks pretty lined up, except for my back teeth they are a little open so not quite touching, but it will be a quick fix! I hope when he says quick he means that I will have the braces and everything off by December. I just want a metal free Christmas. Oh wait, my entire face is filled with metal now....

Here are pictures from Day 6:


Don't mind my breathe right strip. That is my life saver.

(this side is way more swollen)

I don't know why my eyes are closed, but I didn't feel like re-taking the pic. 




1 comment:

  1. Thanks Chloe! So my nose the only thing that I really notice is that I can breathe through it for the first time EVER! It doesn't seem like it looks any different. At the moment it's hard to really analyze how I look. : ) Numbness: So I actually woke up feeling most of my face. I can feel everything except my bottom lip and right below my lip. The Doctor said something about not cutting through a few nerves, that they think they missed them. So I am hoping my chin will come back soon. It feels weird now. It has this weird feeling I can't describe tingling, kinda that happens every so often, and I feel itchy sometimes. So I hope that means it's coming back! : ) Though I feel like the more I feel, the more I "feel". As in I feel a little pain. So its a catch 22.

    ReplyDelete