Saturday, July 20, 2013

Day 4 :

Well day 4 is almost to a close. I am sitting here watching the Giants game and thought I should probably go ahead and get my blog on.

Today has been so much better. I am not sure if I am just getting used to the feeling of being wired shut, or if maybe my swelling is going down a little. Previously I have been eating drinking out of either a large syringe, or these little plastic sippy cups called the sili squeeze. I pretty much only drink water out of the blue sili squeeze because the plastic was picking up other flavors. Yuck!

I decided to get out this sipper thing I bought that goes on top of a ball jar, and try it out today. Yesterday I barely ate anything. So I was determined to at least drink 3 smoothies. I have two down and its 6:43p. I have drank way more water today, still not enough but hey baby steps right?

Bruising is definitely showing more today. My whole chin area is yellow, with a few dark purple spots under the tape. My chest is very yellow, and slightly purple. Strange it takes so many days to show up.

Swelling seems to be going down a little as the day goes on. So I am hoping that tomorrow morning it will be down even more. One can hope right? Maybe once the sun goes down tonight I will take a walk around the block. I can't go when it's light outside, I know way to many people in our neighborhood and I will frighten small children. : )

Here are some pictures of the cups:

This is a sippy lid from a company called "cuppow". It just goes on top of the ball jar. I think it's supposed to be used with a straw, but it is working great for me!

This is called sili squeeze. It is all rubber material and very easy to get liquid out. The sippy part is rubber so I can put it right next to my teeth. : ) 



Washed my hair today and was exhausted after cleaning up so decided to rest. Pictures while lounging. So excited tomorrow the tape comes off!





3 comments:

  1. congrats on making it through surgery! hope things only go up from here :) you look so great already. good luck continuing to get "food" in! hang in there, it gets better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie! You and me both, so far I feel like I have had everything go pretty smooth. Was able to eat more today, and drank more water. I had horrible headache this morning, but it has faded away thankfully! Saw your last post, you look amazing!! I think you were gorgeous before surgery, but you are even more adorable now! I hope you are feeling well, and things are getting WAY easier! Did you jaw tension go away since the surgery? I guess it might be to early to tell... lol

      Delete
    2. yeah, i sadly can't really tell yet! but i sure hope so!! i had lots of tension and aches/headaches before surgery.... so fingers are crossed. but aww thank you so much. you look SO amazing in your newest post :) yay! glad things are overall going pretty well. best wishes

      Delete