Saturday, July 20, 2013

Day 3

So I am totally behind on posting. My plan was that I would post something new at the end of each day. However, it turns out by the end of each day I am either exhausted, or pre-occupied trying to breathe. Yesterday, was the hardest so far. Which, so far compared to other people I have had it pretty easy.

I laid around most of the day napping on and off, and had a hard time eating. I hardly ate anything yesterday. My plan of making amazing smoothies and drinking 3-4 of those a day was a little over zealous. Turns out drinking through wires, and a splint is no fun. I was definitely more swollen yesterday so I think that made it more difficult. My nose became super stuffy last night around 6p or so and got progressively worse. I did saline spray which helped a tad, but ended up sitting in front of a steaming kettle of water. The steam felt wonderful.Oh, breath right strips totally saved my life last night. After sitting in front of the kettle I whipped out the breathe right strips I had bought, and they did the trick. I was able to fall asleep.

Most annoying thing was I was super hungry last night and wanted egg drop soup so my husband ordered some and blended it up. It was so thin like water, yet I still had a hard time getting it through my teeth. I couldn't really taste it and it just coated all my teeth and top of my mouth. Actually that is the worst part about eating anything. I feel like everything coats my mouth. So gross, especially since I can not brush my teeth. I am only allowed to brush the outside, and rinse with alcohol free mouth wash. My teeth just feel dirty. : ( Strange that sometimes I drink and liquid goes through no problem, okay it's difficult but it goes through. Other times I drink and its like nothing is seeping through my teeth. Super frustrating.

I can see a little bruising starting to show up around my chin area. It is under the tape so it's hard to see how bad it is. So not sure if I already said this, but they ended up moving both jaws and adding a little chin (genioplasty).

Here are photos from Day 3:






3 comments:

  1. Hi. I'm glad to hear your surgery went well.
    I can't imagine how it is to be wired shut- I had a hard enough time trying to eat with just elastics holding my teeth together.
    I hope your recovery goes well and quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww you look so sorry for yourself in that last pic! I don't blame you either, being wired shut

    So, was it not the original plan to have both jaws moved?

    I can see the difference already and I hope you think its worth it yet x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. Ya, at this point I was so frustrated with eating. It was up in the air. They were kinda planning on moving both jaws, and maybe a chin. It was pretty certain at my last appt before surgery that both jaws would be moved and chin would be a toss up. I didn't know about the chin until I woke up! Crazy.

      Delete