Thursday, July 11, 2013

Count down begins... 4 days.

Four days left until my surgery. Tomorrow is my last day of teaching for about 4 1/2 weeks.

Today I had my x-rays taken, and then had to bring those along with my molds from my orthodontist to my appointment with my surgeon at Kaiser Oakland. It was kinda of one of those appointments that I had a ton of questions for the surgeon and then got there and said not to much. The appointment didn't go quite as I had expected. He looked at my x-rays, took measurements, looked at my molds, took pictures, and gave me options. Also, talked about giving me more chin, and to leave that idea open for after he did his measurements. So as of right now, I have no idea what FOR SURE is going to happen this Tuesday. I don't know if he is going to decide to only do my lower jaw, do both jaws, or possibly throw in a chin. Let's throw in some botox while we are in there...Just kidding. (for those of you who know me, I had to add that in there).

The not knowing has me feeling a little unsettled. I don't do well with the unknown. I like things to be planned out and be in "control" at all times. I guess thats not going to happen. : (

Had a class today of what to expect after surgery. Turns out I didn't really need the class. I have done so much research reading other peoples experiences of what they needed after surgery, and what to expect I had a pretty good idea. I feel super prepared.

Incase anyone is interested here is my list of things to have on hand for my recovery:

Bed wedge (for sleeping and sitting up)
Jaw Bra
Tom's Toothpaste
Mouth wash sans alcohol
Q-tips
Children's motrin
Fiber supplement
Protein Powder
Moist facial towelettes
Saline nasal spray
Boogie wipes (found in the baby area)
Baby toothbrush
Baby spoons
Squeeze bottles
sippy cups
Bromelain (helps swelling)
B-complex
humidifier
nasal strips

dark sheets/pillow covers + pillow protector (so nose bleeds don't ruin sheets/pillow)

Naked juice
Ginger ale
Pineapple juice
yogurt
coconut milk
almond milk

I read that the following foods naturally help with swelling (worth a shot)
Frozen cherries
Pineapple
apples
papaya
almonds
ginger
tumeric
spinach
sweet potatoes

The above will be blended by my trusty Vita-mix : )

Oh, I got pictures of my x-rays incase you are interested. I thought they were kinda awesome.





No comments:

Post a Comment