Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Day 7: Feeling alive...

Day 7:

Today my husband had to head back to work. He had a full week off to stay home and take care of me, and he sadly had to go back and take care of business. On the positive side that means I am a week post op! Yay.

I want to take a moment to say that my husband has seriously been amazing. I mean he is always amazing, but the last week wow. I wouldn't want to take care of me. I can't communicate. I drool. I have food on my face after every meal. I can't help around the house, because I can't do anything that could strain my jaw. So basically I can do nothing. He did the laundry, cleaned up, made me smoothies, and when they were to thick and wouldn't go through he re-made them and strained them... I mean wow. The patience and the love. I can feel the love tonight. (Cheesy- Lion King). Oh and did I mention he does all of that and then has to wake up to my jacked up face? He's pretty swell. I think I will keep him around for forever.

So anyways as I was saying he went to work today. So my amazing sister-in-law who is also one of my best friends, and is also 9 months pregnant came over to spend time with me. She stayed the entire day, and made me drink water, and eat. Pretty much making sure I was taking care of myself. I definitely feel loved. We pretty much just watched movies all day, and went for a short walk. Pretty eventful day.

Numbness. I don't think that I have discussed this. So I woke up with feeling in my nose, top lip, cheeks, and everything below my chin. The only place I do not have feeling is my bottom lip and directly under the lip all the way down to my chin. I didn't really feel my teeth or the inside of my cheeks for the first few days. I can now feel the brackets on a few teeth touching my cheek, and my teeth are now achy. It feels like the ortho just adjusted them. Its a very dull, but horrible pain.

My left side of my jaw had a little pain today, along with the left side of my neck. I really hope it goes away in the morning. Hoping I just laid wrong, or something. I know it's probably because I had jaw surgery 7 days ago, but I would like to think so far this hasn't been super painful as much as really achy, uncomfortable, and annoying.

Oh, and one more thing they mentioned that most times with jaw surgery you will be able to breathe out of your nose after surgery. I was worried, because I could never really breathe out of my nose before. I have always been a mouth breather. Since the surgery, even with a stuffy nose I have been breathing out of my nose and not from my mouth so thats great!

So I think thats everything... 5 more days until I am unwired!!!

1 comment:

  1. congrats on making it to 1 week!! my feeling of numbness was competely opposite of yours! the only things i could feel were my bottom lip and chin. how weird....! hope everything continues improve, getting unwired was the best day ever :) warm wishes for a great rest of recovery.

    ReplyDelete