Monday, September 16, 2013

2 months!

I made two months! Woo hoo! At this point I am getting comfortable with everything, and can eat and do most things. I am slowly becoming more active. Not running and jumping around like a crazy person, but active. I started dancing again, and taught my first two weeks of classes with no problems. I am officially 100% back to work.

Eating is easier and harder. I CAN chew more things, but after a ten minutes of chewing hamburger meat or something my right side of my jaw starts to hurt. Actually the last few days I have had the most pain in my jaw since the beginning.  : ( Probably due to starting to push myself a little more. Trying to open my mouth wider, and eating more meat, and tough things.

All my little tingles and weird phantom feelings in my chin have kinda stopped I rarely feel itchy or weird things any more. However, I can slightly feel when I touch my chin, and when certain things touch my chin. It's not a lot of feeling, but some is better than none, right?

I just ordered tongue depressors, I decided the stretching the jaw with my hands is to much for me to do. I need to physically see how much wider I am getting. I need something to measure my progress with. So I will start adding one or so a day until the Doctor is happy with where I am at : )

The one thing that is bothering me is this line I am getting below my bottom lip when I close my lips. It is becoming a half circle, and I know its from the swelling, it started about a month or more ago as just a line and now spreading. I am hoping that it will eventually go away when the swelling in my chin area is 100% gone. I was hoping at 2 months swelling would be gone, and while I don't feel super swollen I know that I must be. It's so hard to tell, from how I was the first 2 weeks to now the swelling has gone down so much... so in my mind the swelling is gone. Then I see pictures and see one cheek a little larger than the other or the chin line and think please God let that be due to swelling.

So all of this to say it hasn't been all bad. I haven't had a migraine in weeks, my neck hasn't really hurt or been tense like it used to before surgery. My jaw has not popped constantly, every once in awhile it has the past few weeks, BUT not nearly like pre surgery. I am happy that I had the surgery and I know that in a few more months things will be almost normal. One day at a time!




See the half circle under my bottom lip. I still struggle closing my lips all the way. It in no way feels natural.

I can open wider! 





No comments:

Post a Comment