Monday, December 16, 2013

5 months

I can't believe it has been 5 months since I had double jaw surgery. I feel great, the only problems I have had is due to me being so busy I forget to do my jaw stretches so my jaw has become pretty tight again. However, I can still open it pretty wide it is just really uncomfortable. Once I stretch it out it feels fine, no popping or tightness. : )

I have my appointment scheduled to get my top braces off. YAY, I can not wait for Jan 6th! Great way to start off the New Year, with a new smile! The bottom braces should come off a couple weeks after.

I was just looking back at pictures and I even though those first two weeks were super rough, it doesn't seem all that bad now… of course that is easy to say now that I am eating pretty much anything I want, and can open wide!

I love my smile, and face. My smile can still be gummy when I get really smiley, but it is different. It is not as gummy. My chin still feels a little strange when I see it in pictures other people take. When I do my selfies for this blog I like it, when i see it in other pics it looks huge!

I will finish this post up later tonight! Need to get back to work.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting your braces off soon!!! :) It looks like mine will be on until early February (late January if I'm lucky). Hope everything is great. - Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Katie! I am counting down the days… I am sure you are too! We are so close to at least looking like this is all behind us. My jaw has been a little clicky and strange feeling the past few weeks due to cold weather I think. At least that is what I am blaming it on! : ) You look gorgeous as always in your new photos. I am so happy that you are finally feeling amazing. We made it to the other side! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mine has been very clicky the last month :( and i never experienced that before surgery, so i have been bummed about that recently. but oh well. being on the other side is just so great it makes up for it :)

      Delete