Thursday, January 2, 2014

5 1/2 months

Well, I started post at 5 months and never got around to finishing it. So here it goes.

The most exciting thing to report is I get the top braces off in T minus 4 days. I am ecstatic. After our New Years Eve party and everyone letting me know when I had food in my braces, I am just ready to be done with them. I really haven't been super bothered or really cared about how I looked in them, but well they are a huge inconvenience. I also feel that I will be able to eat more naturally once they are off. At the moment biting into this is a tad strange, and I know that it's partly from surgery, okay most likely its all from the surgery, but I feel the need to blame the braces as well.

I can open 3 fingers wide now, with out a pop or anything, so that is exciting. However, I am not sure if due to the colder weather or my jaw just adjusting from the changes but I have been experiencing a clicking on my right side of the jaw. It doesn't really hurt, it is just annoying and a little uncomfortable after awhile. Other than this slight set back I feel great. I notice my jaw is a little tight in the morning, and by the evening it feels much better. I am wondering if I am grinding my teeth at night and that is causing tension. Something I am going to discuss with my orthodontist on Monday.

Hmm, what else... Life is great, and I am ready to begin a new year with my new and improved jaw, and hope that everyone reading this has a fabulous 2014!







1 comment:

  1. hey heather i hope you are doing well and it would really mean alot to me if you could give your opinions to me.Im a singer/songwriter and i plan to go through lower jaw surgery to correct my overbite,the only real concern for me is will the surgery make it difficult for me to sing (not the voice) but rather the opening of my jaws in weird cause im kinda of an alternative rockish singer,i tend to accentuate what i sing in a lot of unorthodox ways

    And another reason would be im planning to go to australia next year to get my bachelors of contempory music,as you can tell by now my life is mostly about music and my aspirations of becoming a performer are pretty strong so do you think the jaw surgery will have some negative effects on that ie will it be harder for me to sing and perform in a matter of the first 3 months post op.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete